I neglected to get a picture of the "bare bones" fabric collage before I went at it with paint but this is the first "finished" version.
It seemed too stark, though...there was not enough depth to it and something was missing...
On my desk was a photo transfer on muslin that I had intended for another project. The image is of a graveside photo from Tropea. I kept having this urge to include it in the black & white painting I was working on but continued to resist the idea. Finally I thought, "What the heck--if it doesn't work out I can just paint over her."
So I cut out her face and glued it just below the window, sketched in a body shape with black paint and applied other effects to make her blend in with the rest of the composition.
(16 x 20" mixed media on canvas)