I cut watercolour paper into 11x14 inches for each composition, glued old dressmaking patterns to the front with liquid matte medium, coated the back with primer (cheaper than gesso), and glued the fabric composition to the front (once everything was well dried) with gel matte medium.
Next step was to randomly and quickly dab some Unbleached Titanium acrylic paint onto the fabric and the dressmaking tissue using a small sponge. I tried to keep the photos mostly clear of paint.
Wanting to keep the red and brown tones as well as adding a rusty sort of old feeling to the piece, I quickly spread some Burnt Siena with a paint brush around the perimeter of the fabric and into the ground.
To give the compostion more depth, I mixed Payne's Grey with Raw Umber and applied it with a sponge roller, beginning from the outside edges so that the colour lightened as it got closer to the fabric. I also lightly applied some of this colour to different areas of the fabric itself, as well as flinging paint at it from a loaded paint brush.
More paint was added, some of it was rubbed off with alcohol and/or scratched into with a wooden skewer; each piece was worked on individually until it felt complete. All five are now finished and will be posted here once I have time to photograph them.
I hope you'll like them--but it's too late now if you don't! Nyah-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!