Copyright: All artwork/content protected under ©2007-2011 Lynne Ciacco

All content herein copyright © Lynne Ciacco


Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Palazzo Plants

Here we go...oops! Almost forgot to get a photo before I slapped on the paint (2 brownish toned stripes going to the edges of the canvas).





I got pretty involved and a lot of ground and effects put in before I stopped to sit back and take a good look at what was going on and what needed to be worked on.







One particularly lumpy area was bothering me so I decided to slash into it. The turquoise colour hanging down is the slashed piece of fabric, revealing a silky bluish material beneath.







This is the first final rendition. I'm pretty happy with it, although there's something still a bit undefined about the front door area.





Inspiration! Thinking about the painting before going to bed, I wonder"What if I painted those triangular shapes in front of the door as if they were potted shrubs?" Nah. Too risky. But next morning, I can't shake the idea so I give it a go. And I like the effect!



Palazzo with Potted Plants

(18 x 24"acrylic, fabric, photo transfer on canvas)

4 comments:

  1. Really fantastic art
    my compliments
    I love it all .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Anya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got me eyeing up blank canvas now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next thing you know you'll be meeting shady types wearing berets and paint-spattered black clothing in dark alleyways, begging them for just one more tube of unbleached titanium white.

    ReplyDelete