Copyright: All artwork/content protected under ©2007-2011 Lynne Ciacco

All content herein copyright © Lynne Ciacco


Thursday, July 9, 2009

Back At It

Now that I have given up my gainful employment, I am supposed to be back in my studio full-time. I've been doing well since Monday but have washed up on the hot shoals of summer today. The weather just begs one to sit outside sipping a cold G & T. I did try doing some stitching, but it was too hot in the sun, and too cool in the shade, and there was no way I was going to work indoors. We've been awaiting summer temperatures for far too long! Nevertheless, I do have proof that I have been at work, trying to get the fabric scraps series all finished.





Here's an assortment of some of the fabrications. I'm toying with the idea of cutting out a backing piece of this gorgeous silk for each fabric collage so that just a minimalist hint of a border will show around the outside edges. This, of course, means more finishing work (cutting the silk to the size of each collage and attaching them together with Wonder-Under...necessitating the use of that nasty device called the iron. I must admit I got very poor marks for my ironing skills in Grade 7 Home Ec class). Alack and alas! However, part of making art is figuring out how to present it (backing, matting, framing, etc.)






This is a rogue piece from the series. While each stitched collage is different from the next there are 2 or 3 that are a little more tentatively connected to the series as a whole. But hey, who's making up the rules around here anyway?
*

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a tall cold one waiting for me. Cheers!

*

No comments:

Post a Comment