Copyright: All artwork/content protected under ©2007-2011 Lynne Ciacco

All content herein copyright © Lynne Ciacco


Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Is/Was For Africa


A Is For Africa


A Was For Africa

This is the evolution of an 8 x 10 inch mixed media/collage. I started out happily with A Is For Africa but when I came back to it, found that it was somehow too obvious. I went at it hammer and tong, so to speak, tearing back layers, covering others with more paint. The end result, A Was For Africa, is ragged, rugged, rough. It has much more passion than the other safer piece. I'm so glad I have a photo of where it came from, though, because in retrospect I do like the original...but what it evolved into is so much more exciting. You would understand better if you could see all the wonderful texture in it...the photo flattens it out.
But the point here, I guess, is sometimes you have to let go of the safe and nice and go for the gritty and challenging. (more on this later)

No comments:

Post a Comment