Copyright: All artwork/content protected under ©2007-2011 Lynne Ciacco

All content herein copyright © Lynne Ciacco


Sunday, March 15, 2009

Special FX Department


So it's Sunday already and somehow the weekend slipped from my grasp without my having made any art. I did get to my studio with the intention of playing with paint on paper but in clearing off piles of fabric from my big desk, I inadvertently got drawn into making up a couple of new pieces for my Fabric Scraps Series...so that counts as making art, right? I then definitely didn't have enough time to commit myself to high intensity involvement with paint and glue so I decided to try out some "painterly" effects on my fabric pieces in Photoshop. I think the results are interesting (see below). One could take them further and use them as backgrounds for digital compositions...if one was so inclined. But I think I'd rather have a glass of wine or a Scotch right about now...

No comments:

Post a Comment