Copyright: All artwork/content protected under ©2007-2011 Lynne Ciacco

All content herein copyright © Lynne Ciacco


Sunday, January 6, 2008

Kings'n'things



My maxim this week is seemingly dedicated to Elvis, whom I frequently spotted shopping at the Army and Navy Dept. store, located in Vancouver's seediest area, long after his death. I posted that particular maxim this week as January 8 is Elvis's birth day. I always remember because, more importantly to me, it was my grandfather's as well. I also remember Elvis performing on the Ed Sullivan Show. I was just a kid and really didn't understand what all the fuss was about. Over the years, I saw most of the movies that he made because my father's mother was a big Elvis fan and she often treated me to a Saturday matinee. In the 70's, a girlfriend of mine became a back-up singer for an Elvis impersonator. As well as singing, she got to hand out the scarves he wiped his face with to ladies in the audience. So really, I do have quite a history with the King!

No comments:

Post a Comment