Shall we stroll backwards through the steps showing how I got to this particular place?
This was the penultimate state. It seemed a bit flat so I added a picture of a statue, plus some lacy bits from an old curtain. It 's a bit too "grapey" in tone for my taste, though.
Here I begin to "grunge" it up a bit.
Just getting on the background paint. Nice colours, but too bright.
Fabric glued to canvas with photos (on cardstock) added. I finally gave up on finding a decent brand of transparency to replace the Staples product (no longer available) as the results from the substitute product were far from satisfactory, leaving half of the ink on the transparency and producing only a faint image on the muslin. I've printed on both matte photo paper and card stock and one seems as good as the other. I cover them with a good coat of acrylic medium so that I can paint on them to blend the image into the composition.
And this is where it started.
(Well actually, it started a few posts down on December 3rd, I'm a bit embarrassed to say!)
Ah well, good things come to those who wait.